You probably already know that Citynet Magazine is dedicated to being one of the most comprehensive sources of geek culture in Montreal (and beyond!). Well, to that end, we encourage you to check one of the best festivals the city has to offer. Last year, Montreal Comiccon attracted over 50,000 people!
By the way, I highly recommend that you download the Montreal Comiccon app. It is one of the best apps I’ve ever used and extremely useful.
What to Expect
It’s an amazing event that goes far beyond comic books.
- Meet celebrity guests (Summer Glau/Firefly, Ryan Hurst/Sons of Anarchy, etc.)
- Meet Doctor Who guests (John Barrowman/Captain Jack)
- Meet your favourite Star Trek actors (Brent Spiner/Data, Nichelle Nichols/Uhura)
- Meet the voice of Optimus Prime! (Peter Cullen)
- Meet your favourite comic book artists
- Hang out with the coolest cosplayers
- Play video games
- Take in the new horror section (Obscura)
- Attend a panel
- Watch a guest talk
- Experience the OVMF (with Jess Abran)
- Check out the Sci-fi cars (KITT, Back to the Future DeLorean, Ghostbusters Ecto-1, Transformers Bumblebee, Jurassic Park Jeep)
- Actually buy some comic books!
- So much more!
Unlike other large conventions, Montreal is great at leaving enough space for people to spread out and take in the entire experience. It will be crowded but not unbearable!
Montreal comiccon is Friday July 8 to Sunday July 10. The busiest day will be Saturday. It takes place at the Palais des Congres.
Comiccon Has a LOT More Activities Than You Think
There is more to Comiccon than vendors and celebrities signing autographs. There is SO MUCH going on, you just have to check out the schedule.