Do you love to write? Do you have something to say? We’re looking for contributors like you!
Citynet Magazine has been published (in various forms) since 1997! Our team of editors accepts submissions from writers, students, professionals, readers and subject matter experts from around the world.
Citynet Magazine covers the following areas:
- Travel: Anything and everything related to travel is more than welcome. Hotel reviews, cruise reviews, tips for tourists coming to your neighborhood (remember that you know your ‘hood but tourists don’t), advice for backpackers, and so on. This is our most in-demand section. We want your travel articles!
- Dating: Articles on relationships, sex, marriage, break-ups and related topics.
- Technology: A range topics such as tech product reviews, features you’d like to see in a product, discussions of trends in technology, society and social networking, social media, SoLoMo (social, location, mobile), e-commerce, online privacy, Internet security, tech conferences, and so on.
- Entertainment: Talk about your favorite celebrities, write a movie review, write a concert review, interview a rockstar and publish it here!
- Nightlife: Articles on the club scene, bars, house parties, partying tips and advice, and related topics.
- Humor: Funny articles, interviews with comedians, humorous photos that you’ve taken.
- Lifestyle: This is a “catch-all” category where a broad array of articles ranging from how to fix your car to vegan diets to costume-making tips are published.
Ideally you will have something to say as a subject matter expert. If you aren’t sure what to submit but would like to contribute, we have some suggestions to get you started. First, write something simple like a movie review. Go watch a current movie and review it. That’s simple enough. Secondly, once you register as a contributor, we actually provide you with a huge list of topics to write about!
We are not overly picky regarding the topic. If you have something that fits into the categories of the magazine, we will consider it.
- Your primary compensation is exposure. You will get tremendous exposure as a writer, especially if the article is well-written and on a hot topic. You benefit from getting published in an online magazine with millions of visitors.
- This is an excellent promotional opportunity and establishes you as an expert in the topics you write about.
- All authors get a Google-friendly (search engine optimization/SEO-friendly) author page. The author page features your bio, a photo, list of published articles, links to your website, Twitter, and so on. You can use your author page to boost your SEO, social media optimization (SMO), and content marketing.
- You can add CitynetMagazine.com to your resume/CV, website, blog, LinkedIn profile or other relevant source which is impressive. This is especially effective for writers who are early in their career.
- Your article will be up indefinitely.
- Writers are rewarded for publishing high quality articles with Citynet Magazine badges. Badges are based on how many articles you write, how popular your articles are (based on page views, Facebook Likes, tweets and retweets, etc.). As a writer, you benefit from being able to show off that you won certain awards (badges) such as Top 10 Writers for the magazine, etc. (The entire badge reward system is continually being upgraded).
- Direct financial compensation is no longer provided.
Important Information for Contributors
- CitynetMagazine.com reserves the right to edit all submissions.
- All articles that are published must be 100% unique and original.
- CitynetMagazine.com does not publish articles that have been previously published elsewhere.
- All articles may not be published anywhere else before or after it is published on CitynetMagazine.com (that includes derivatives of the article).
- You must be the original author of the content.
- If you publish the same or a similar article anywhere else at any time, you agree to relinquish your status as author of that article as published on CitynetMagazine.com. The article may be further edited or removed completely from the site. Either way, you agree that CitynetMagazine.com will claim ownership of the article under those circumstances. (Sorry, but some smart a**es think that publishing here first and then reprinting it a dozen times over is acceptable. It’s not – we’re looking for exclusive work).
What We Do Not Publish
- Articles clearly promoting a specific product (contact us for advertorial rates)
- Articles pretending to not promote a specific product but are actually promoting a specific product
- Articles with affiliate links
How to Become a Contributor
Please contact us.
Once you submit your info, you will automatically be allowed to upload your article. Please make sure you review the Terms of Service (Terms & Conditions) and Contributor Style Guide to make sure you submit your articles using the best practices we’ve outlined.