Terms & Conditions
Welcome to the Citynet Magazine website. Please read these Terms and Conditions (also known as: Acceptable Use Policy, Terms of Service, Terms & Conditions, User Agreement) before using, or submitting content in any form or medium for publication on, CitynetMagazine.com.
Your continued use of this website means that have read, understand, and agree to the following Terms and Conditions. The Terms and Conditions outline on this page pertain to every single person who visits this website, including YOU.
The CitynetMagazine.com website offers the Terms & Conditions as a disclaimer and is a legal agreement between CitynetMagazine.com (including the owner(s) of the name) and users of the website regarding the viewing, interacting, commenting, publishing, and making use of the content provided on the CitynetMagazine.com website.
User, Service, and Content are explained as follows:
User (aka You, aka Your)
The terms “User”, “Users”, and “You” refer to any individual who visits the website and/or makes use of its Services in any way, shape, form, or transmission of data.
CitynetMagazine.com currently provides users with access to a collection of resources, including articles (many of which provide advice, opinions, and commentary), interviews, photos, videos, graphics, jokes, interactive items (includes items such polls, feedback forms, comment forms), and other content (collectively called the “Service” or CitynetMagazine.com).
“Content” on this website refers to text, graphics, images, photos, and videos.
Updates to the Terms & Conditions
The Terms & Conditions outlined in detail on this page may be updated at any time without notice to users. It is up to every individual user of the website to check this page for updates each time they come to the site.
Last updated: May 14, 2013
Information & Entertainment
The content (text, photos, videos, graphics, images, custom programmed items such as polls, custom plugins, and so on) contained in this website is for informational and/or entertainment purposes only. It is not represented to be error free and is subject to change at any time, without notice to you.
CitynetMagazine.com is intended for mature individuals who are of legal age (typically 18 years old and up, depending on where you are located). While there is no pornography (adult content) or explicit nudity on the site, parental and/or appropriate guardian guidance is recommended for individuals under the age of 18 years.
Intellectual Property (“Can I publish your article on my website?”)
Many requests come in to make use of articles that have been published on CitynetMagazine.com. All articles are original and if you see copies elsewhere (on the Internet or offline such as in newspapers or magazines), they were either stolen or given a limited license for use. The content of CitynetMagazine.com is protected by international intellectual property laws. Content thieves are actively pursued through legal means.
If you would like to re-publish an article that is featured on CitynetMagazine.com, you may NOT do so unless you comply with all of the following mandatory conditions.
ALL of these points must be satisfied for there to be legal use of CitynetMagazine.com content.
- For journalistic purposes, you may copy up to 100 words of an article
- The text must be in quotation marks
- There must be a clear indication that the content was quoted from CitynetMagazine.com (right next to the text)
- There must be a clear link back to CitynetMagazine.com somewhere on your page. (If the article is being published in print, there must be a clear indication of the source: CitynetMagazine.com).
Any individual, CitynetMagazine.com visitor, or other entity caught with copied CitynetMagazine.com content beyond the above fair use maximum is risking being prosecuted to the full extent of the law. We actively and aggressively pursue Internet thieves who violate the Terms & Conditions indicated on this page.
Finally, by ignoring the Terms & Conditions described on this page, you agree to have your full details published on a list of Internet thieves, with reference to the stolen content as evidence, at any time in the future.
Copyright Infringement (on CitynetMagazine.com’s behalf)
Pursuant to 17 U.S.C. Sec. 512(c)(2), notice of claims of copyright infringement should be directed to the web address indicated on the “Contact” page. So, if CitynetMagazine.com has mistakenly published an image for which there is no permission, it will be investigated further and action will be taken (typically in the form of removing the photo or graphic in question).
Photos/Images & Infringement
CitynetMagazine.com has gone out of its way to get the appropriate permissions to publish the photos used on this website. In some cases, CitynetMagazine.com owns the copyright and reproduction rights to the photos (by purchasing the photos or by having a CitynetMagazine.com photographer photograph the subject). In other cases, they were submitted by a model/Diva of the Month/celebrity/individual who is being featured. That featured individual has obtained the rights and permission for CitynetMagazine.com to use the image, on the behalf of the copyright owner (typically the photographer). Finally, in some cases, photos have been used in a manner that is believed to be in line with fair use laws.
Contributors (aka Writers, aka Authors): Specific Rights & Responsibilities
Contributors agree to the following:
- You are at least 18 years old.
- Unless a separate agreement is made, Contributors do not get financial compensation in any way, shape or form, at present or in the future. They
- Contributors agree to have their Content published and have a profile page (as long as each of these meets the requirements and standards of CitynetMagazine.com).
- Only original articles will be submitted for publication in CitynetMagazine. All articles that are published must be 100% unique and original. Only exclusive work will be published.
- CitynetMagazine.com will only publish articles that meet its standard.
- CitynetMagazine.com reserves the right to edit all submissions.
- CitynetMagazine.com reserves the right to not publish Your article for any reason whatsoever, at any time.
- Your article may not be published anywhere else before or after it is published on CitynetMagazine.com (that includes derivatives of the article).
- You must be the original author of the content.
- If you publish the same or a similar article anywhere else at any time, you agree to relinquish your status as author of that article as published on CitynetMagazine.com. The article may be further edited or removed completely from the site. Either way, you agree that CitynetMagazine.com will claim ownership of the article under those circumstances.
- Contributor agrees to publish a profile page with a bio (at least 20 words in length) and actual photo of the individual.
- Contributor agrees to only submit photos for use in the article or as a thumbnail image for which he/she has permission (copyright) to use
- Contributor agrees to not publish affiliate links or to promote a specific product or service (Note: Advertorials are an option for contributors wishing to do the latter).
- You understand that when You submit Content in any form to CitynetMagazine.com, You authorize such content to be distributed or syndicated to or published on other CitynetMagazine.com-branded or related environments.
- You agree to not reprint any Content (such as the suggested list of article ideas) provided to You by CitynetMagazine.com in any way, shape, or form.
- You agree to have your photo placed on your profile page. If you do not provide one, an interim image/photo may be used in its place.
- You agree to have a bio placed on our profile page. If you do not provide one, an interim bio may be used.
- By posting or submitting content on or to CitynetMagazine.com (regardless of the form or medium with respect to such content, whether text, videos, photographs, audio, or otherwise), you automatically grant (or warrant that the owner of such materials expressly grants) CitynetMagazine.com and its affiliates and licensors a worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable and non-exclusive right and license to use, copy, store, adapt, transmit, communicate, publicly display and perform, distribute and create compilations and derivative works from such submitted materials and to use such content for promotional and marketing purposes. Such license will apply with respect to any form, media or technology now known or later developed. In addition, you warrant that all “moral rights” in such materials have been waived. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, with respect to any video submissions to us made by You from time to time, You understand and agree that (unless you and we agree otherwise) we may, or may permit users to, based solely on functionality provided and enabled by our website, compile, re-edit, adapt or modify your video submission, or create derivative works therefrom, either on a stand-alone basis or in combination with other video submissions, and (unless you and we agree otherwise) you shall have no rights with respect thereto and we or our licensees shall be free to display and publish the same (as so compiled, re-edited, adapted, modified or derived) for any period.
- You are solely responsible for your own submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them on the CitynetMagazine.com website. In connection with each of your submissions, you affirm, represent, and/or warrant that: (I) you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize us to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all such submissions to enable inclusion and use of such submissions in the manner contemplated by us and these Terms and Conditions; and (II) you have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in such submissions to use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person to enable inclusion and use of such submissions in the manner contemplated by us and these Terms and Conditions. In furtherance of the foregoing, you agree that you will not: (I) submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant us all of the rights granted herein; (II) publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage us or any third party; (III) use the Services, on CitynetMagazine.com to harm minors in any way; (IV) impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, any of our officials, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; (V) submit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any local, provincial, national, or international law, or is otherwise inappropriate; (VI) collect or provide funds, directly or indirectly, in order to carry out terrorist crimes, contribute to or facilitate the activities or a terrorist group, or instruct anyone to carry out a terrorist activity, including doing any of the of the foregoing in relation to a listed entity under s.83.05 of Part II.1 of the Criminal Code; (VII) post advertisements or solicitations of business; or (VIII) collect or store personal data about other users without their express consent or in connection with the prohibited conduct and activities set forth above.
Diva of the Month / Interviews / Spotlight Interviews
CitynetMagazine.com “Diva of the Month,” “Spotlight Interviews”and other interviews and all other interviews submitted by the interviewee or via 3rd party (such as an agent) that have been published on CitynetMagazine.com become the property of CitynetMagazine.com. They may not be re-published in any format without prior written consent. CitynetMagazine.com owns the copyright to these interviews. CitynetMagazine.com reserves the right to not modify or take down any interview on this website. Once it’s up, it’s up. By agreeing to an interview, you agree that the entire interview remains under the exclusive ownership of CitynetMagazine.com.
The “Diva of the Month” feature is permanent. If you agree to be a Diva of the Month, you agree to be listed on this website indefinitely. In no way shall the prestigious longevity of this feature be destroyed by a Diva who wants to remove her interview and/or photos. At least one photo will be used under Fair Use laws, permanently.
CitynetMagazine.com is under no obligation to modify or edit Diva of the Month interviews or any other interviews after they are published. Diva of the Month interviews are published “as is” meaning that aside from the occassional modification to spelling and grammar, they are exactly what the interviewee said. CitynetMagazine.com is under no obligation whatsoever to make any changes to any interview. If a change is to be made, it will be limited and at the sole discretion of CitynetMagazine.com.
Models featured in the modeling section of the website may have their featured portfolio page removed by request.
CitynetMagazine.com Services may include advertisements. and these advertisements may be necessary for CitynetMagazine.com to provide the Service. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new CitynetMagazine.com material and properties, shall be subject to the Terms & Conditions. You understand and agree that the Service is provided “AS-IS” and that CitynetMagazine.com assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user (including contributor) communications or personalization settings.
You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials (“Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This means that You, and not CitynetMagazine.com, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Service.
Control of Content
CitynetMagazine.com does not control the Content posted via the Service and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will CitynetMagazine.com be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service.
Commenting & Article Contributions
CitynetMagazine.com allows Users to comment on articles, as well as contribute articles. You acknowledge that CitynetMagazine.com does not pre-screen all of the Content, but that CitynetMagazine.com shall have the right (but not the obligation) in sole discretion to refuse or move any Content that is available via the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, CitynetMagazine.com shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the Terms & Conditions or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any Content created by CitynetMagazine.com or submitted to CitynetMagazine.com, including without limitation information in CitynetMagazine.com comments, and in all other parts of the Service.
Comments that are deemed to be aggressive, hateful, libelous, vengeful, irrelevant, nonsensical, or offensive in any way may be edited or deleted or removed at any time.
All information on CitynetMagazine.com is copyright 1997 to present, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise noted. Content on CitynetMagazine.com that a User wants to use can only be utilized with written permission.
Some information on the CitynetMagazine.com website (such as graphics, sounds, likeness, videos, etc.) was borrowed from outside sources. When no recognition is granted to these items, it is because the source of the recognition was not known. However, no attempt to purposely make any malicious use of these items have been made. If the owners of any of the material in question request changes or deletion of use of such material, the request will be granted.
Any unauthorized use of the Content or appearance of CitynetMagazine.com is unlawful and offenders may be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)
If Content (such as an uncredited photo) has been published in error, a DMCA notice may be required for its removal.
Some features of CitynetMagazine.com function better with certain browsers. No claim is made that it will be optimal for any given viewing method.
Informative & Entertainment Purposes
The content in CitynetMagazine.com is either for entertainment or for informative purposes only. CitynetMagazine.com makes no claim that any of the information provided will guarantee what is said. Some sections of CitynetMagazine.com are clearly stated as reflecting the opinion of the writer (as typically indicated by the words “written by <name of author>”) and CitynetMagazine.com cannot be held accountable for that writer’s opinion or advice.
Agreement with Content
CitynetMagazine.com does not guarantee that all that is written or provided as Content will be to Your liking. CitynetMagazine.com is not responsible for any misleading, false, or otherwise injurious information and advice communicated in any and all articles, columns, stories and all other writings, videos, photos, graphics or other Content on the website.
CitynetMagazine.com apologizes ahead of time for any information that is inaccurate. There is no guarantee that all information in the Content of the website is accurate. It is recommended that you check any information with professionals, experts, and other sources before acting on any information.
CitynetMagazine.com cannot be held responsible for anything that happens to readers and Users of the website with respect to what is written, downloaded, or displayed in any and all areas of the website.
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, You agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable Content. Specifically, You agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
Indemnity (Exemption from legal responsibility for the Service’s actions)
You agree to indemnify and hold CitynetMagazine.com, and its owners, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, completely harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content You submit, post, transmit, read, watch, use or make available through the Service, Your use of the Service, Your connection to the Service, your violation of the Terms & Conditions, or Your violation of any rights of others.
No Resale of Services
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service.
Dealings With Advertisers
Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Service, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that CitynetMagazine.com will not under any circumstances be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Service.
CitynetMagazine.com does not guarantee any products sold or advertised on CitynetMagazine.com. CitynetMagazine.com does not guarantee or endorse any product, business or service advertised on this website.
Notwithstanding any language to the contrary, nothing contained herein constitutes nor is intended to constitute an offer, inducement, promise, guarantee, warranty or contract of any kind.
Termination & Re-branding
CitynetMagazine.com may cease publication at any time. It may be sold, including all of its Content. It may be re-branded (including a name change) at any time. CitynetMagazine.com reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, our site (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any such modification, suspension or discontinuance of the website.
CitynetMagazine.com reserves the right to terminate Your access to our site for any reason, and to take any other actions that we, in our sole discretion, believe to be in the interest of our company and of our users as a whole.
Any links to non-CitynetMagazine.com webpages or items are provided as a courtesy. They are not intended to nor do they constitute an endorsement by CitynetMagazine.com of the linked to materials. The Service may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because CitynetMagazine.com has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that CitynetMagazine.com is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that CitynetMagazine.com shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
a. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. CITYNETMAGAZINE.COM EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
b. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
c. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM CITYNETMAGAZINE.COM OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TOS.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT CITYNETMAGAZINE.COM SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF CITYNETMAGAZINE.COM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM:
(i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE;
(ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE;
(iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA;
(iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; OR
(v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE.
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OF SECTIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Contact CitynetMagazine.com if you have any questions, comments, or concerns. To contact the appropriate editor at CitynetMagazine.com, please visit the “Contact” page.