I can still remember the first time I saw Boy George. I was a kid watching Entertainment Tonight, taking in this rising star before my eyes. I was captivated by his unusual clothing style and the song “Do You Really Want To Hurt Me.” I instantly became a lifelong fan. Fifty million record sales later, they remain a huge draw!
Even Citynet Magazine contributor Melanie Kaye wrote a detailed story about her experiences meeting Boy George and watching him in concert back in a 2001 article. Culture Club has the longevity and the theatrics to put on a great show!
West Island Food and Music Festival
My story is similar to thousands of fans around the world, as we were all taken in by this remarkable talent. Well, this weekend, Strangers in the Night, an annual charity fundraising event is hosting an 80s music festival and food gala, featuring Culture Club as the headliners!
The West Island of Montreal will become a fantastic music and food festival that you won’t want to miss out on!
80s Music Stars Come Together For One Night
Aside from Boy George and Culture Club, several other 80s celebrities will be performing.
- Murray Head who is the musician behind the distinct sounding “One Night in Bangkok.” Either you know and you just started humming it in your mind, or you need to go listen to it now (and watch the video!).
- Crystal Waters is best known for her hit Gypsy Woman (She’s Homeless).
- Freddie James Project is a staple in music festivals around the world.
- Back Traxx is a the ultimate 80s and 90s tribute band. They even spell their band name 80s-style!
- Lluna Jazz Band: Their name says it all!
- Cory Stewart is an up-and-coming talent with popular songs like “Boyfriend Material”
- Florence is another talent you’ll see!
Dozens of restaurants are involved with this delicious affair! Expect to find food from these and many more:
- Belle et boeuf
- Rib n Reef
- Smoked Meat Pete
- Copper Branch
For concert-goers who only want to attend the concert portion of the event, there will be food trucks and bars available.
Strangers in the Night 2018
When: Saturday, August 25, 2018
Where: Borough Hall Pierrefonds, Roxboro
13665 Blvd. Pierrefonds
Tickets: Get Tickets and Info Here