Love him or hate him, you just can’t escape the humor in Bush’s ridiculous speeches. CitynetMagazine.com is a politically neutral website but recognizes the funny side of President George W. Bush’s wording.
All of the quotes on this page are verifiable. New ‘Dubuya’ quotes are added from time to time, as his Bushisms multiply. If you know of one that you think would fit, let us know!
They misunderestimated me.
– US President George W. Bush (November 6, 2000 in Bentonville, Arkansas)
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
– US President George W. Bush (August 5, 2004)
You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.
– US President George W. Bush (2000?)
Reading is the basics for all learning.
– US President George W. Bush (Discussing his “Reading First” plan in Reston, Virginia, March 28, 2000)
Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?
– US President George W. Bush (January 11, 2000)
My views are one that speaks to freedom.
– US President George W. Bush (in Washington, D.C. on Jan. 29, 2004)
And it’s a struggle between good and it’s a struggle between evil.
– US President George W. Bush in a speech (on terrorism) to the Cattle Industry Annual Convention and Trade Show at the Denver Convention Center (February 8, 2002)
We cannot let terrorists hold this nation hostile or hold our allies hostile.
– US President George W. Bush (2000 in Des Moines, Iowa)
Our nation must come together to unite.
– US President George W. Bush (June 4, 2001)
Bush stumbling during his debate with Al Gore when he looked dead pan at the camera and said with complete sincerity that the US could not elect a man who sends “mexed missages’.”
If you choose to do so, when Iraq is liberated, you will be treated, tried and persecuted as a war criminal.
– US President George W. Bush (In St. Louis on January 22, 2003, he likely meant ‘prosecuted.’ Just for the record Bill O’reilly made the same mistake on his TV show The O’reilly Factor in August 2004)
Will the highways on the Internet become more few?
– US President George W. Bush (Concord, New Hampshire, January 29, 2000)
If you don’t stand for anything, you don’t stand for anything!
– US President George W. Bush (November 2, 2000 at Bellevue Community College)
I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.
– US President George W. Bush (September 29, 2000 in Saginaw, Michigan)
I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family
– US President George W. Bush (January 27, 2000 in New Hampshire)
This very week in 1989, there were protests in East Berlin and in Leipzig. By the end of that year, every communist dictatorship in Central America had collapsed.
– US President George W. Bush (November 6, 2003 in Washington, D.C.)
Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream.
– US President George W. Bush (October 2000)
I think we agree, the past is over.
– US President George W. Bush (May 10, 2000)
If you’re looking for a George Dubuya Bush quote, you’ve found the right page! George Dumbaya Bush, as many of the anti-Bush campaigners call him has generated a lot of really dumb statements. His Bushisms/bush-isms as they have come to be called go a long way. So much so that books have been published on Bush’s ridiculous quotes. A George Bush quote is typically viewed as a stupid Bush quote. The reality is that the dumber he shows himself to be, we get a biggesr laugh from the funny Bush quotes. President Bush has been quoted as saying some really bush dumb things. Even when he went up against Kerry, President George W. Bush quotes were as dumb as ever. Bush debate quotes are just as dumb as his regular quotes. All in all President Bush stupid sayings are plentiful.